The RTL8304MB-CG is a 4-port 10/100M Ethernet switch controller that integrates memory, four
MACs, and three physical layer transceivers for 10Base-T and 100Base-TX operation into a single chip.
It supports an RMII interface for external devices to connect to the 4th MAC. The external device could
be a routing engine, HomePNA, HomePlug, or VDSL transceiver depending on the application.
Basic Switching Functions
- 4-port switch controller with memory and transceiver for 10Base-T and 100Base-TX
- Non-blocking wire-speed reception and transmission and non-head-of-line-blocking/forwarding
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3/802.3u auto negotiation
- Built-in high efficiency SRAM for packet buffer, with 2K-entry lookup table
- 2048 byte maximum packet length
- Flow control fully supported
- Half duplex: Back pressure flow control
- Full duplex: IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Supports one RMII interface